How can I Restore and Update my Apple iPad?
Updating your Apple iPad is necessary to keep your device up to date with latest Apple software and restoring your iPad is necessary when troubleshooting issues with your device. Both the terms have a distinct difference as updating the software will keep your data, apps and settings intact whereas restoring the device will remove your data, apps, and settings from your device by creating a backup.
So here, our techies of iPad Repair Centre provided the exact method to perform this restoring and updating task on your device. You just have to follow the guidelines step-by-step.
Updating your iPad
- First of all, open the updated version of iTunes on your computer and then connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable that came with the device.
- Now choose the name of your apple gadget under the Devices tab located at the left navigation panel of iTunes.
- Select installer > Open > Disk utilities.
- Then open the ‘Summary’ tab in the main window and then tap on ‘Check for update’ option. Click ‘Update’ to install if a software update is available for your gadget. It will take a few minutes to download and install until then don’t disconnect your gadget from the computer.
Restoring your iPad
- Firstly, click on the name of your gadget under ‘Devices’ and then tap on ‘Restore’ locates in the Summary tab of the main iTunes window.
- Then select ‘Back up’ when asked to back up the setting for the Apple device before starting the restoration process.
- After that, click Restore if you are sure to restore your gadget to factory settings.
- After completing the process, your device will restart and then choose ‘Restore from the backup’ to copy your data, apps, music, and settings to your iPad.
If you need more explanation of the above process or facing any issue in any of your apple product, then call us at our Apple Repair Service Centre to get resolution from our experts in a jiffy.